Your Friend is Not Your Friend



I bet you know what these words mean. Last night, I downloaded some business motivation videos. I found one of the speakers said this thing “Your friend is not your friend”. It crossed in my mind. I was about thinking this and decided to write an article about this.

When we have enough money, higher position and famous, many people will call us “friend”. Even if you don’t need their help, normally they will try to approach you. This is not a theory. I have been in this situation before. I was a laboratory assistant at the time. Some juniors of mine always smiled at me. Some of them were trying to be my friend. Time flies but at the end only few of them stayed with me. That time was the lowest point in my life. I felt like nothing that I can do. Everything is just useless. I didn’t have a proper job and I didn’t have any idea what to do so life was changing. Well, I really needed the atmosphere which supported me.

I myself can see them who are the real friends. Now think about this. Can they stand by you in your weakness? Can they support no matter what’s your choice? Can they even just say Amen to you dream? Can they trust you doing it better? 

Another thing is “don’t ever try to impress other”. It’s just useless. When they dissatisfy they will let you go. So remember they’re not your friend.

Comments